Well unfortunately this resampler is still in beta(?) so it’s very prone to severe crashing.
If you’ve followed the site’s instructions
instructions from Kanru Hua’s website:
- Try manually cleaning the cache;
- Try setting output-sampling-rate to 44100 and output-bit-depth to 16;
- Try turning on resampler-compatibility and use the default wavtool;
- Try updating Moresampler;
- If moresampler crashes, send a email containing a screenshot of the command line window along with your .ust & temp.bat files to the author.
…and it still doesn’t work
Check if you have done the following:
- Clear your .ust file. Select all your notes, click Edit(E)>Region Property(R) and then choose clear.
- Get rid of these.
Anyway here’s a comparison:
It does get rid a lot of the background noise with the render. This UTAU was recorded with a phone during work and imagine the amount of bg noise. Will it salvage crappy UTAUs like this? Probably but don’t count on it too much. Also noticed the consonants are more defined and the overall vocal quality sounds thicker (altho muddier) to me. I can hear some parts where it loops the samples (so take note for people with ridiculously short samples) and there are some parts where it sounds like some stretching is going on.
I used the resampler.dll because something went wrong when I tried using the default wavtool/resampler after moresampler. I’ll do some more checks later and see why this is happening.
Some interesting bits to consider, apparently Kanru Hua left the ROCALOID dev team however, this is a screenshot of their site now: