This is the TL;DR version of my commission terms
Illustration usage guidelines
By default all commissions are under personal use. There is a separate clause for commercial use.
Definition of personal use (general):
- The illustration is for a private collection.
- The illustration is used as your avatar on your personal account.
- The illustration serves as a gift for someone.
- For people coming from the vocal synth community, using the illustrations for a song cover falls under personal use as long as it’s not one of those monetised covers (ex: using Patreon/donations as a front for compensation).
Definition of commercial use (general):
- There is an intention to use the illustration for a product (ex: prints, merchandise, product cover…etc)
- There is an intention to use the illustration as some sort of branding/logo.
- There is an intention to use the illustration for broadcast/print. (Posters, magazines, book covers, tv/video broadcast)
- There is an intention to use the illustration for commercialised distribution.
Obviously commissioned images intended for commercial use will be charged a bit more. My current rate is an additional $50 per illustration.