I encourage you to read my terms before sending a commission order, thank you.
Last updated: Dec. 14, 2019
Terms may change without further notice.
- You fill up the commission order form
- I accept and send the invoice
- Pay the invoice through Paypal
- I’ll start on your illustration and send you updates
I have a right to reject a commission and I will not draw the following:
- NSFW / R18 / Explicit themes
- Suggestive themes involving underage characters
- Fetish themes
- Furry / Anthropomorphic / Realistic Animals* (ex: werewolves, fantasy human-like beasts)
- Complicated mechanical parts or structures (Gundam-like structures, The Death Star™, Sagrada Familia)
- Gore / Extreme violence
- Hyper muscle
- Offensive / controversial themes (racism/bigotry/hate symbols/politics…etc)
- Real life people unless there is an explicit permission from said person.
- In an established style with the intention of being a substitute. (ex: it’s cheaper to hire me to draw [insert-artist’s-style-here] than going to the original artist).
*Small animal parts like cat ears, tails, wings are OK. Simple pets like a cat is fine too (please send references as much as possible)
I only accept Paypal at the moment. Payment will be upfront.
For amounts above $100, it can be split into two payments. Pay half at the start and pay the rest upon completion.
Art usage and pricing
By default, all commissioned works are understood to be for personal use only. For commercial use, I currently charge an additional $50 on top of the job price each. Rates may be adjusted without further notice.
What falls under personal use:
- Using the image as your avatar for your social media account.
- Using the image on a custom one-time product for yourself or as a gift (prints, t-shirts, mugs, stickers…etc)
What falls under commercial use:
- Using the artwork for mass-produced merchandising / print & publication / broadcast.
- Using the artwork for branding / logo.
- Using the artwork as an image or persona for a public figure / celebrity.
Extra notes if you’re coming from the vocal synth community:
Generally, if you ask me to illustrate a vocal synth character, it will fall under personal use as people would just want some art to go along their covers/remixes.
However if you’re monetising your works that use my art through Patreon, YouTube ads, bandcamp, adf.ly, and other means, that will fall under commercial use.
Commercial Pricing example:
1 SD-style A illustration + 1 SD-style B illustration= $30 + $20
Commercial use fee = $50 each
Calculation: ($30 + $50) + ($20 + $50)
Total charge = $150
1.) For complicated backgrounds, you’ll be given a quote depending on the complexity.
Example of complicated backgrounds:
- Room scenery with lots of furniture and objects.
- Room with detailed tiled patterns or wallpapers.
- Any scenery that needs specific lighting effects. (ex. concert stage, cyber/technology theme)
- If the character is interacting with the background.
Example of “simple” backgrounds (add $5 to the price):
- Vague outdoor scenery like grassland.
- Curtain backdrop like on stage.
- Abstract shapes and colours.
- Generally the background only serves as a simple backdrop.
Please elaborate what kind of background you wish to be drawn so I can give an accurate quote. Example: A ballpark rate for a detailed room scenario would be $25-$40.
2.) Props and vehicles.
Generally, simple props are free.
Examples of simple props:
- A sword
- Sailormoon’s Moon Stick
- A book
- Minimal magic effects
However, detailed props will have an extra $15 fee. Ex: Cloud Strife’s swiss army knife sword.
There is an extra $5 charge for a simple vehicle.
Example of simple vehicles:
- A bike
- A cart
- A skateboard
Detailed vehicles would be extra $15 each.
What falls under detailed vehicles:
- Mounts (horses, cow..etc)
- Single-passenger aircraft
Once an illustration is done, I may use it to promote my portfolio and future commission pitches. Please tell me beforehand if you wish to keep the illustration private.
Client can request for tweaks during the sketching stage such as changing the pose, facial expression or outfit detail. Client will be asked again for minor tweaks when flat colours are applied and will be subject to final approval. There will be no more revisions once I start rendering the final illustration.
1-2 weeks per illustration depending on the queue and complexity of the job. I do not do commissions on weekends. If you place an order on a weekend, I’ll get back to you on a business day. For reference, my time zone is GMT+13 so replies might be a bit delayed.
Usually I can finish an illustration per day but please understand I have real life commitments aside from drawing.
I do not accept rush commissions.
The client will be notified should there be any unforeseen circumstances that could delay the commission(s). The client is entitled to a full refund if delays are not acceptable or if my circumstances prevent me from continuing.
You can reach me on Twitter with a DM or email me at email@example.com